Low EMF desk 2019 - 2020
This is our latest setup of a low EMF computer desk. The whole system is composed by:
- modified LCD monitor 24" 1920x1080 with linear power supply, DVI input
- fiber optic DVI extender with some shielding, and corresponding fiber optic cable
- fiber optic USB extender with shielding box, and corresponding fiber optic cable
- USB hub with audio, modified with shielding
- short DVI cable of best quality available
- mechanical keyboard with USB connection
- simple mouse with USB connection
- air-tube ear plugs
- low EMF LED desk lamp
- AC filters for the computer and UPS
The results for the reduction of the electromagnetic emissions are very good,
and the brightness of the display is also quite high.
The brightness can be adjusted completely, from very dim, to maximum bright,
by means of a knob located on the power supply box.
In this case the power supply has been designed and built to provide also the
DC voltage for other small desktop devices, like the optical USB cable, the
speakers set, or a desk lamp.
This monitor size is perfect for all office and design work, and also for
watching videos and movies.
The power supply of this monitor provides also a separate 5V 2A exit and a
separate 12V 0.75A exit, which can be used to power other devices on the desk.
For example the 5V exit can be used to power the terminal of an optical USB
cable, while the 12V exit can power a speaker set or a LED desk lamp.
Of course the power supply box is supposed to be on the floor at some distance
from the desk, near a wall socket.
For more information about this project contact us.
LCD monitor emissions
Low EMF computer display
Low EMF desk 2015